March and early April are some of the best times to be skiing in Park City. The sun is often shining and the snow is still deep. And, we like to end the winter season with a splash-literally. Skiers and boarders will compete to skim across an icy pond of water on March 23, 2013 at Canyons Spring Grüv.
Here's a Top 10 list of things to do in Park City this spring, including events, activities and of course, world-class skiing:
1. Spring is one of my favorite times of the year for skiing, offering longer sunnier days on the mountain and of course afternoon apre-ski. Most importantly, don't forget your sunscreen and sunglasses! I like to ski the runs facing the sun first as they will get softer earlier in the morning and provide great spring skiing; then find the shady runs later in the day for a perfect afternoon on the slopes. Here's a tip, try the Northside Lift at Deer Valley Resort.
2. No ski trip would be complete without après-skiing. Your ski-boot-free feet are aching to let loose, and, thankfully, all three of Park City's world-class resorts take après-skiing very seriously by offering several bars and lounges just off the slopes. One of my favorites are the fish tacos and a cold one at Red Tail Grill overlooking the ski beach at Canyons, perfect for what it takes to unwind from a hard day of play. The place to go after a day on the slopes at Park City Mountain Resort is Legends Bar and Grill. Come in and enjoy their legendary grilled chicken nachos, warm spinach and artichoke dip and a tasty beverage while you recount the day's adventures. Deer Valley Resort features the Snow Park Lounge with a deck offering live entertainment on spring weekends, and of course the beach.
3. Continue the flow of a carefree day onto Park City's Main Street, which is home to nearly 20 bars and clubs and over 100 restaurants. Park City's culinary versatility will take you from the simply prepared to the quietly ambitious with the fullest flavors and freshest options in French technique, Asian flavor, Mexican spice, Mediterranean accent and everything in between, including the "Best Burger in the State." Don't miss the local hangout - the No Name Saloon. Who remembers the "Alamo?"
4. There is more to Park City than our world-famous slopes...there's an abundance of winter activities that are every bit as enjoyable as skiing and riding. Find out about winter fly-fishing trips or hot-air balloon rides. Park City has dozens of specialty outfitters that can arrange it all, each with their own unique style.
5. For those who prefer a different style of recreation there are museums, galleries, and historical and even food tours. Looking for a different experience? Try the Park City Food Tours or take a cooking class and experience what is so special about dining experiences in Park City.
6. The Utah Olympic Park, a U.S. Olympic Training site, now serves as a year-round competition and training ground for recreational and high-performance athletes. Visitors can watch athletes in training, visit the Alf Engen Ski History Museum and the 2002 Eccles Winter Olympic Museum, race down the track in a bobsled, or learn how to steer your own skeleton or luge by taking an Intro camp. And best of all, admission to Utah Olympic Park is free.
7. Do you want to Ski for free? Thanks to our Quick Start promotion, you can ski on your day of arrival free of charge (Valid April 1 until resort closing dates on or about April 14). Register online and show your Quick Start voucher and your boarding pass. *restrictions apply* (this program is not valid for the 2013-14 Ski Season)
8. Thanks to Mountain Town Music, spring concerts in Park City will never cease to amaze you - so take off your boots, and put on your dancing shoes! Check out the Park City calendar of events for the latest concerts and weekend entertainment.
9. Our winter events calendar is action-packed! The reality is you'll easily run out of vacation long before we run out of events. In your pursuit of happiness, choose between gallery strolls, world-class sporting events, live plays, concerts or Olympic-inspired celebrations. Have you ever dreamed of finding the golden egg? Park City Mountain Resort has the Easter Egg hunt for you. All three Resorts offer hunts for everyone, no matter what the age.
10. No matter how much recreation you fill your days with here in Park City, it's nice to know there are so many places to rest up for the next one. Whether you are looking for a hotel in Park City or winter vacation lodging - Park City has everything from hotels and luxury mountainside homes, including full-service luxury lodging and home rentals to spacious condos. And the best part, you can check hotel availability right now or search our Park City Hot Deals for deals on Park City lodging, Park City restaurants, winter vacation activities and events promotions available.