The Utah Department of Workforce Services supports Governor Herbert's vision to strengthen Utah's economy by supporting the economic stability and quality of our workforce. We provide quality and streamlined services that connect a world-class workforce with employment.
- Our easy-to-use online job connection system allows employers to post job openings, review resumes of qualified applicants and access skill development programs; and tap into hiring incentives, tax credits and in-depth economic and labor market information to ensure a company's wages stay competitive.
- Workforce Development Specialists can help local employers set up onsite recruitments and interviews and participate in job fairs.
- Online tools allow employers to file new-hire reports, make payments and access their unemployment insurance information and claims forms and information.
- Employers have easy online access to information on state and federal employment laws, often referred to as “compliance assistance."
Job Seeker Services
- Our online job database provides the state’s largest access to job postings with advanced search tools and job matching.
- We offer job preparation workshops and labs to assist with job searching, resume writing, interviewing, networking, LinkedIn and our Work Success program.
- Job seekers can use online tools for career exploration, labor market information, learning new skills, testing abilities and other valuable work-search resources.
- Temporary assistance can be provided to individuals and families in unemployed, underemployed or special-needs circumstances.
- Support services include food, financial, medical and child care assistance. Applications and information for these services can be accessed online at jobs.utah.gov or at a local Workforce Services office.
- Unemployment insurance provides temporary financial assistance to eligible unemployed workers. This program provides economic stability to workers, families, communities and the Utah economy and is based on the wages previously earned. To file a claim or obtain additional information about unemployment insurance, go to jobs.utah.gov.