The Marketing Council provides oversight and guidance for the annual marketing and promotional programs produced by the Chamber/Bureau.
This fall, the Park City Chamber/Bureau will have two open positions on our Marketing Council. There will be one position available in the “Lodging” category and one in the “Other Tourism” category. The selected individuals will serve a three-year term beginning October 1, 2021, and ending on September 30, 2024.
Marketing Council Role:
- If selected, participation in Marketing Council requires a substantial commitment of time. Currently, the Marketing Council meets approximately 15 times annually between October and June. Meetings are generally held on Friday mornings between 9:00 am and 11:00 am. Upon selection, you will be asked to sign an Affirmation Statement regarding your ability to participate in these meetings.
- Provide a marketing point-of-view from their area of expertise (resort/lodging/retail/food and beverage) and help develop the best strategy for the overall destination and all our members.
- Provide guidance and feedback on the development of the Chamber/Bureau’s Annual Marketing Campaign, including establishing Marketing Objectives/KPIs, defining target audiences, developing of paid-Media Strategy, guide brand positioning, assist in the annual budget recommendation.
- Provide guidance and feedback on the Chamber/Bureau’s ongoing Owned-Media (Website/Content) and Shared-Media (Social) strategies and tactics.
- Determine our Marketing Research Strategy and assist in the review of the study data/information.
- Provide feedback on the proposed annual Communication and International plans/budgets that have been developed by their respective Member Advisory Committees (MACs). Individual Marketing Council members may also be asked to serve as a “liaison” to these committees during the development of their plans.
- As needed, assist the Chamber/Bureau marketing team in communicating various aspects of the Annual Campaign and Budget to the Board of Directors.
- Assist in the evaluation and selection of a marketing “Agency of Record” for the Chamber/Bureau.
Marketing Council Selection Criteria:
- The applicant’s overall expertise and relevant background in destination tourism advertising, marketing, and promotion.
- The applicant’s ability and willingness to be an active participant in this very important committee, representing the Chamber/Bureau membership in its entirety.
- The applicant’s vested interest in the long-range success of Park City and Summit County as a year-round overnight destination.
Applications for the Marketing Council are due by Friday, September 10, 2021, by 5:00 p.m.