Partnership Development Manager
Implement and manage all aspects of new member recruitment, sales, and retention. Work with others on the Membership Services team to ensure all departmental and organizational initiatives are met. Create, execute, and manage membership event sponsorship programs and all other income-generating programs. Assist all members with understanding and utilizing their benefits and support the goals of the Membership Department. Serve as a liaison between the Chamber/Bureau and the community, encouraging businesses to become members and sharing relevant information with local residents.
Grow & Retain Membership
- Work with the Vice President of Member Services to create and implement plans and programs to increase membership numbers and retention.
- Actively seek and implement new and valuable member benefits designed to increase the perceived value of memberships.
- Prospect for new members by identifying and qualifying new leads using county and city information, media coverage, networking opportunities, and other sources to identify potential new members. Work with other departments to identify prospective new members and solicit memberships from needed businesses.
- Sell new memberships and conduct in-person and telephone presentations to prospective members.
- Complete new member on-boarding processes, including 3-month, 6-month, and 9-month communications and targets.
- Communicate changes in membership status to Chamber/Bureau staff members, including the Visitor Information Center staff.
- Pursue past due accounts to secure payment and retain membership. Complete drop process for non-renewals.
- Assist in maintaining database and accurate information for new and existing members.
Implement & Manage Revenue-Generating Programs
- Solicit, sell, and manage event sponsorship opportunities for members.
- Seek and implement responsible revenue-generating programs designed to provide benefits to members and supplemental income for the organization.
- Manage rentals of advertising video monitors at the Visitor Information Center, including solicitation to members, processing rental agreements, and invoicing. Assist the Member Services Manager in obtaining and installing content on rentals units.
Member Event Planning & Management
- Work with others on the Member Services Team to plan, execute, and manage 30+ member events annually.
- Attend all member events including flagship events, monthly Business After Hours Mixers, Lunch & Learns and other functions.
- Promote and manage ribbon cutting process for members. Attend ribbon cuttings.
- Attend community events and meetings, promoting membership and representing the Chamber/Bureau as needed.
- Assist with Visitor Information Center staff meetings and act as a secondary point of contact for VIC staff members.
- Assist with budget and strategic plan creation and ongoing management.
- Create basic graphics for use in event and membership promotion.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of the Park City and Summit County area, business community and business districts.
- Strong background in sales, preferably in a membership-based organization.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously on a regular basis.
- Self-starter with great attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of Chamber/Bureau member information.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, database programs and knowledge of how to work with photos and images.
- A basic understanding of finances and budgeting skills.
- Effective public speaking skills.
This job description provides only general information about the position. The list of responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and other details is not all-inclusive and may be subject to change.
Sustainable Tourism Director
The Director of Sustainable Tourism will be responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring new sustainable tourism & destination management programs for the Park City area. This role will guide the future direction of our organization and the local tourism industry. The focus of this position will be sustainable tourism, which incorporates the environment, economics, and culture of the destination. This is a new position for Visit Park City and the successful candidate must be a motivated self-starter to help craft and create this program.
- • Develop, maintain, and implement the Park City Destination Stewardship Plan which identifies goals, key strategies, and objectives to be a sustainable tourism destination. Identify key performance indicators of the sustainability and destination program for Visit Park City and track progress. Provide monthly, weekly reports to track progress and success.
- Create programs, consult, and coordinate with stakeholders, government entities, and business partners on sustainable tourism initiatives, comprehensive planning, resident sentiments, resource conservation, safety regulations, workforce housing, transportation initiatives, nature conservation, etc.
- Create, maintain, and execute programs that influence and encourage visitors to support stewardship initiatives, and coordinate programs to mitigate negative impacts of tourism. Identify programs that will exceed global standards and work towards destination certification.
- Develop relationships with local and state government officials, political representatives, and stakeholders in order to advance the mission of the Chamber/Bureau and advocate for the tourism industry. Participate in industry associations and seminars, attend regular marketing council and city or county meetings as needed.
- Ensure all brand touchpoints are consistent in sustainability messaging. Help create relevant content for press releases, presentations, board reports, and the website.
- Research and update the Visit Park City team on sustainable tourism issues and successes at a local, state, and national level. Conduct appropriate research and coordinate with PCCB departments on surveys, data collection, and analysis.
- Produce and give community presentations to stakeholder groups about destination management, sustainability, and other topics. Regularly attend advocacy events, local government board and committee meetings, and other state and nationwide events, as necessary.
- Apply for, manage, and report on relevant grants.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4+ years in sustainability, tourism, government relations, policy, marketing, or other relevant roles.
- Leadership skills include visionary, collaborative, positive, honest, authentic, and ambition.
- Superior communications skills, organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Excellent relationship-building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Background in Travel / Tourism Industry / Sustainability / Environment
- Strong Presentation / Writing / Speaking Skills.
- Ability to learn computer functions, systems, and on-the-job skills.
- Must be 21+ Years of Age; Some In-Market Travel; Must hold a Valid U.S. Valid Driver’s License / Vehicle Insurance.
This job description provides only general information about the position. The list of responsibilities, qualifications, skills and other details is not all-inclusive and may be subject to change.