Current Job Openings
Want to join the our team? Check out the open positions below. The job descriptions provided are only general information about each position. The list of responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and other details is not all-inclusive and may be subject to change. Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today.
Part-Time Visitor Information Specialist
Visitor Information Desk at Park City Museum – 528 Main Street
Provide visitor information to Park City and Summit County guests with a goal of extending and enhancing their experience in our area.
- Provide and assist visitors with current and accurate information in a courteous and professional manner, whether in person or on the phone.
- Assure a complete supply of appropriate member business brochures are available for customers at all times.
- Knowledge of and a desire to learn more about the area’s lodging, restaurants, attractions, events, history, recreation, and general information.
- Create a positive impression of Park City and Summit County as a hospitable destination.
- Provide information about our visitors/customers that is helpful in assessing the success of the visitor information program and other Chamber/Bureau programs.
- Maintain an accurate accounting of those visiting the information center.
- Operate the Museum computer/cash register by handling sales transactions. Look up Museum members in the membership database.
- Keep brochure racks stocked at all times and to call for additional brochures when needed and to track such requests.
- Review at each shift all memos, flyers, newspapers, and other local resources to ensure up-to-date knowledge of current events and happenings in the Park City area.
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled and other job development familiarization tours, docent trainings at the museum, hotel site tours and other development opportunities.
- Actively search and acquire updated knowledge about the area’s lodging, restaurants, recreation, arts & culture, shopping, events, history, attractions, and general information.
- Oversee the physical location -- keep the work area tidy, straighten and organize the storage areas, understand and operate the alarm system, and alarm procedures, if applicable.
- Post and remove flyers and posters on local events.
- Provide assistance as needed with special projects for the Chamber/Bureau, as needed.
- Requires knowledge of the Park City and Summit County area, special events, history, attractions, services and Chamber/Bureau services.
- Customer service oriented, tactful, patient, conscientious, and reliable.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills, coupled with an upbeat, positive attitude, enthusiasm and attention to detail.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Work a flexible schedule.
- Professional well-groomed appearance.
- Basic knowledge of computes and primary Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word and Outlook.)
- Ability to lift 20 pounds.
- Stand on feet for extended time and must be able to walk around the Museum for opening and closing procedures. The VIC physical needs include using a small step-stool for material management, and other physical tasks include posting flags on the exterior of the building and opening outside umbrellas. The Museum physical needs include being able to climb a small ladder or step stool to reset the display “detonator” and other museum exhibit devise.
- Hearing (with our without correction) – must be able to converse with others in a normal conversation.
- Vision (with or without correction) – must be able to operate a cash register/computer. Other tasks include perusing written literature and examining the condition of exhibits, galleries, and displays.
- Must be able to speak clearly and have voice projection that can reach a group of up to 10 people at a time.
- Some tasks require minimum capabilities in balancing, bending, climbing, kneeling, walking, pushing, reaching above shoulders with two-handed operations.