Park City Story Ideas
There is always something new and exciting going on in Park City, no matter what season. These are just a few highlights:
Each week, Park City Chamber/Bureau members update their Cool Deals on our website. Visit here to get the very best travel, dining, activities and events deals in Park City.
- Site of 14 events during the 2002 Olympic Winter Games Year-round U.S. Olympic training facility welcomes athletes of all ages and abilities.
- "The Comet" Public Bobsled Ride Go up to 70 miles per hour and experience 4 G's on the summer bobsled ride with an experienced bobsled pilot.
- Flying Ace All-Stars Show is a 25-minute freestyle aerial water show every Sunday. Choreographed with music, as spectators watch skiers and snowboarders perform acrobatic tricks and land in a 750,000 gallon splash pool.
- Year-round Introductory Sports Camps offered for youth and adults in Bobsled, Skeleton, Luge, Freestyle Skiing and Nordic Jumping.
- Year-round adaptive recreation programs in 20 sports, growing from 45 ski lessons in 1985 to more than 25,000 experiences annually.
- Nation's only adaptive bobsled program. The NAC is working with the International Federation of Bobsled & Toboggan to make bobsledding a Paralympic sport.
Dining and Unique Libations
- James Beard Award Semi-finalists have included Park City's restaurateur Bill White, Talisker on Main, and High West Distillery & Saloon.
- Sushi Blue, opened in June 2012 in Kimball Junction, is the newest addition to the Bill White Restaurant Collection.
- High West Distillery and Saloon is Utah's first distillery since Prohibition and world's only ski-in gastro-distillery. Currently distilling award winning boutique vodkas and whiskeys. Selected Park City's Best Restaurant in 2011 by City Weekly. Complimentary facility tours offered daily.
- The Farm was rated the "Best New Restaurant in Utah" in February 2012 by Salt Lake Magazine. Nearly 90% of ingredients used are sourced from within a 200-mile radius of the restaurant.
- Talisker on Main, rated "Best Restaurant in Park City" three years in a row by Salt Lake Magazine, focuses on distinctive regional flavors and offers an evolving menu with the seasons.
- Silver offers progressive American cuisine and original artisan cocktails on three floors of lounge and dining space.
- St. Regis Bar at Deer Valley rated #1 restaurant in Park City on tripadvisor.com, offers upscale service, ambiance, and specialty cocktails, including their famous 7452 Mary. Featuring a nightly champagne sabering on an outdoor patio overlooking Park City.
- The Glitretind Restaurant at Stein Eriksen Lodge has been recognized as "Best American Fine Dining" and "Best Wine List" in Utah by Salt Lake Magazine and "Most Romantic" by Zagat.
- Vinto, the newest fast-casual restaurant on Main Street, offers wood-fired pizza and fresh seasonal Italian cooking with an inspired play on modern Italian style.
- Cortona Gelateria is the newest addition to Kimball Junction and serves housemade authentic artisan gelato, paninis and desserts.
- Washington School House, originally built as a schoolhouse in 1889, underwent a recent renovation transforming this historical building into a high-end boutique hotel in Historic Park City. Opened December 2011 with 12 luxurious rooms and suites.
- Hyatt Escala Lodge at Park City AAA Four-Star luxury property located at the base of Canyons Resort. This European-style ski-in/ski-out 153-suite hotel includes a new full service restaurant, Escala Provisions Company, and 10,000 sq. ft. of meeting space.
- Montage Deer Valley This on-mountain luxury hotel includes 220 rooms and suites, Utah's largest spa, two swimming pools and numerous on-site restaurants and amenities including bowling lanes and an extensive mountain bike and recreation program called ‘Camp Compass.' Utah's first LEED certified hotel/resort. (montagedeervalley.com)
- Stein Eriksen Lodge, Utah's only Forbes Five Star Hotel and Spa. In May 2013 opened the new 6,000 square foot luxury Stein Eriksen Ballroom. With mountain views and retractable glass walls the event space is ideal for weddings and social gatherings. Offering a range of summer lodging packages to suit all tastes. (steinlodge.com)
- St. Regis Deer Valley offers 177 hotel rooms with world-class ski-in/ski-out accommodations and on-site amenities including Jean-Georges Vongerichten's restaurant, J & G Grill, and Remède Spa.
- Waldorf Astoria's first luxury mountain resort, located at the base of Canyons Resort, has exclusive access to both skiing and snowboarding and includes world-class dining at Slopes and home of renowned Golden Door Spa, Waldorf Astoria Park City is a 2012 Conde Nast Traveler Gold List hotel.
- Newpark Resort & Hotel is centrally located in Newpark Town Center with easy access to dining, shopping and entertainment. Newpark received the prominent Certificate of Excellence award which honors the top 10 percent of TripAdvisor accommodations worldwide. Expedia has bestowed the prestigious Insider Select Award, recognizing Newpark as one of the Top 500 Hotels worldwide.
- Hilton Grand Vacations Sunrise Lodge is a brand-new addition for the 2012-2013 season, the Sunrise Lodge offers 1-4 bedroom suites and stunning views. Sitting mountainside, the Sunrise Lodge is only a short stroll from Canyons Resort Village and a few minutes of a drive from Historic Main Street. (www.sunriselodge.hilton.com)
Art, Culture & Lifestyle
- Historic Park City is home to quaint shops, fine dining establishments, art galleries and bars. It showcases Park City's eclectic nature, with everything from hardware to sportswear, handcrafted furniture to designer boutiques.
- Kimball Art Center has awarded Danish architect Bjarke Ingels their $10 million building expansion project. The new building, a half-twisted log cabin, will create larger galleries for the art exhibitions, a sunken theater for dance performances and a sculpture park located atop a grassy terrace. Construction is expected to begin next spring.
- Jupiter Bowl is 16 luxury lanes of ultra-modern bowling including a billiards lounge, arcade, and full-service bar and restaurant. Group accommodations for up to 600 people are available.
- Mountain Town Olive Oil on Historic Main Street features over 50 specialty olive oils and balsamic vinegars from around the world.
- The Paint Mixer is a new and unique blend of art and wine/beer tasting. A skilled artist walks groups step by step through creating their own piece of art as they sip on their favorite beverage and listen to music.
- Zanté Spa, located in the Deer Valley Plaza Building, is a new boutique day spa with holistic treatments, massages, facials and meditation.
- Park City Gallery Stroll is a free monthly tour highlighting artists, exhibits and art events giving visitors the opportunity to explore Park City's exciting art scene.
- Park City Ghost Tours offers a guided 70-minute stroll through Historic Park City that reveals the ghosts that haunt the town's turn of the century buildings. Offered nightly at 7 p.m.
- Sharon Starika leads the Feldenkrais Method to help people reconnect with their natural abilities to move, think and feel.
- Park City Gun Club is set in a safe, fun, family-friendly atmosphere, the Park City Gun Club is perfect for all levels of shooters. The Park City Gun Club can rent out the equipment and protection that visitors need at affordable prices, and do not require a membership.
- LEED Certified Buildings Park City requires that all new and remodeled city buildings must meet LEED standards and score at least 75 on the Energy Star rating scale. Park City LEED certified buildings include the Swaner EcoCenter, Montage Deer Valley, and Newpark Hotel.
- The Swaner EcoCenter is a 10,000 sq. ft. family-friendly interactive facility highlighting the area's commitment to open space and environmental education and overlooks 1,200 acres of the Swaner Nature Preserve.
- Treasure Mountain Inn, a historical hotel located on Main Street, a 100% carbon neutral hotel, member of 1% for the Planet, an EPA Green Power Partner, a two-time winner of 'Utah Recycler of the Year' and recent recipient of Park City's Environmental Heroes Award.
- Park City's free bus system is fueled by biodiesel and transports over 2 million passengers annually.
- Pedestrian-friendly Park City approved a $15 million bond to increase walkability and bikeability within the city.
- Engaged citizenry Local environmental website, ParkCityGreen.org, averages over 1,000 visits per month.
- Efficient city operations The city has a goal to annually prevent 2,800 tons of CO2 emissions and provide $274,000 in municipal savings each year.